How to Find a Water Leak
Signs of Water Leak
Signs of water leak are not always visible or easy to diagnose. Leaking pipes are a significant problem in any home. What makes them so problematic is that they’re exceedingly difficult to pinpoint. Other plumbing problems like a clogged toilet or a dripping sink are immediately noticeable, but the pipes hidden in the walls, cabinets, or drawers in your home are less prominent. A leak that goes unnoticed silently wastes water and raises your energy bill. If you’re not diligent about your home’s plumbing you’re literally throwing money down the drain. If you’re stumped and need a plumber in Orlando to repair a water leak, call Choice Plumbing Orlando at 407-422-7443
Water Leak Symptoms
- High Water Bills: Receiving your water bill in the mail is hardly a reason for rejoicing, even on a good day, but receiving a water bill when it’s significantly higher than usual is even worse. If you haven’t changed your typical habits in your home but your water bill keeps creeping up, it’s probably because you’re suffering from a water leak.
- Foundation Cracks: It’s common to find cracks in your foundation. This is a natural occurrence when your home settles, but if you begin to notice foundation cracks occurring often and with no probable cause it’s likely due to a leak. If water is leaking from your pipes it can cause your foundation or structural components to weaken causing cracks.
Smells of Mold or Mildew: If you routinely clean a room in your home but can’t seem to get rid of a moldy or mildew smell, it’s highly likely that you have a hidden leak. Mold growing in uncommon places happens when hidden leaks affect your home.
- Water Damage: If there’s a stain on your ceiling, floor, or anywhere in between caused by water damage, you probably have a hidden leak. Also, keep an eye out for warped walls, buckled floors, bubbling, or cracking. These are all signs that you have a leak somewhere within your plumbing.
- This sign gets a little tricky here in Florida because a lot of these symptoms can happen because of high levels of humidity. But it’s safe to say that if you’re experiencing signs of water damage coupled with any of the other symptoms listed here it’s not just from muggy weather conditions.
- Water Meter Ticking: Your water meter often warns you of a water leak before you even notice a problem. If your water meter continuously ticks despite there being no water used in your home at the time it’s a sign of a leak.
Get Help With Water Leak
A plumber can detect a leak using thermal imaging technology. Plumbing pipes are more unobtrusive than ever, an infrared leak detection equipment will detect hot and cold spots caused by water throughout your home. Upon location of the water leak the plumber will determine the best approach and solution.
A Plumber near Orlando is available 24/7 for any leak repairs, call: 407-422-7443
Learn More: About Plumbing Inspection
Learn More: How To Handle Plumbing Emergencies